BrezBlock is a small community of hackers, developers and other people who enjoy playing mind games. We are trying to keep things as simple and effective as possible.
Version changes since v1.3.3
- Add WINE env var to console environment BUG-91;
- Icons are not loaded properly with Qt 5.7.x;
- Console launch environment uses dead setting fields BUG-90;
- Q4Wine file selectors filters files with upper case extension BUG-94[QTBUG-51712];
- Refactor winetrkics parser: use direct parser + transactions;
- Links imported from Windows desktop do not work BUG-103;
- Import from Windows desktop is not working in some cases BUG-103;
- Processes tab does not detect some wine processes correctly BUG-100;
Version changes since v1.3.2
- Problem opening file dialog to mount ISO BUG-86;
Version changes since v1.3.1
- [regression, bisected] Icon information is not displayed correctly BUG-80;
- Winetricks does not update BUG-77;
- First startup wizard (quick mount profile): profile strings are initially empty if fuseiso is not installed BUG-81;
- Download (latest) Winetricks from GitHub BUG-82;
- Correct proxy-related environment variables in Winetricks plugin BUG-83;
- Use env command in the command line to download Winetricks BUG-83;
- Support proxy username/password in Winetricks plugin BUG-83;
- Treat aarch64 as 64 bit platform and put libraries in lib64 directory BUG-85;
Version changes since v1.3
- Allow to execute and create icons for .bat and .msi files BUG-69;
- Added Chinese (China) translation (thx 2 Mingye Wang and Mingcong Bai);
- Added Japanese translation (thx 2 Masanori Kakura);
- Renamed 'New' menu option for icon and prefix view to 'New icon' and 'New folder' respectively to avoid confusion BUG-69;
- Icon description is not exported into *.desktop file BUG-69;
- Winetrick's item description label doesn't wrap properly BUG-71;
- Qt5: detailed view item selection duplicate BUG-75;
- q4wine-cli does not accept extra app arguments BUG-78;
- Translation files moved from i18n to l10n;
- Hide deprecated prefix options if values are not set;
Version changes since v1.3
- Taiwan translation (thx 2 Jeff Huang);
- Use icons from the system icon theme where possible BUG-22;
- Replace default raster icons with SVG analogs BUG-21;
- Extend App icons zoom sizes up to 512px BUG-21;
- Allow to choose .svg and .svgz images for icons BUG-21;
- Add an app option to switch default/ambiance-light/ambiance-dark icon BUG-21;
- Use ISO country codes for translation files (required for: pootle, gentoo ebuild);
- Use native language name for language selection;
q4wine project was started about 8 years ago. It still continue to evolve from an simple 7-lines 'Hello World' application written just for fun in late 2008 :)
It was a long run. I am really impressed with OpenSource development model. Unfortunately, q4wine has a lot of design issues and limitations. It is really hard to support and add new features. To get rid of this, I am planning to rewrite it completely from scratch.
I do have some new ideas to try, but it will be nice to hear ideas, suggestions or comments from the end users.
So it's my call to you: if you have something to say I'm ready to listen.
Version changes since 1.2-r1
- Czech translation update (thx 2 Pavel Fric);
- QtSystemApplication library detection does not work well for Qt5 BUG-64;
Version changes since 1.1-r2
- Deleting prefix does not remove prefix folder in ~/.local/share/wineprefixes BUG-43;
- Fixed typo in Startup Wizard;
- Fixup Wine Libs detection BUG-50;
- Remove Wine settings from App settings BUG-50 BUG-23;
- Make Wine64 libs optional (for x86 only platforms) BUG-50;
- Backup/Restore prefix path handler;
- Can't use pre/post run scripts without standalone script BUG-49;
- Do not force startpage open;
- add custom dll overrides outside from the list BUG-60;
- Revert "Kill dead online components" breaks the Qt5 build BUG-62;
- Do not build wineappdb core components if -DWITH_WINEAPPDB=OFF is set BUG-62;
- 'Run -> Browser' on Programs window not work BUG-54;
- QT5: Winetricks application list fails to refresh and causes segfault on quit BUG-53;
- Make -DQT5 flag visible during cmake build and runtime;
- CLI: -v/-h options must not trigger nor database check nor wizard startup;
- Remove useless and confusing appdb startup dialog;
I do believe my messages hit the targets, so I decide to come back to q4wine's development.
There are some plans on q4wine 2.0 with porting it's code base to qt5 and adding some experimental features. As well as fixing stuff around 1.x releases.
However, Since russia still continue its aggressive policy, q4wine's on line help and some other brezeblock's services will be not available on its territory.
The civilized world should not suffer any inconveniences any more.
Thanks for your patience.